Transporting Passengers With Special Needs™ 2
What is Transporting Passengers With Special Needs 2?
- A classroom defensive driving course focused on safely transporting passengers with special needs
- Proven discussion and participation based "Coaching" method of training
- Covers key defensive driving concepts including: pre-trip inspection, SCC (Scanning, Cushion of Safety, and Communicating), backing, driving in adverse weather, passenger assistance procedures, assisting passengers in and out of vehicles, safe lift procedures, securing passengers within the vehicle
- Video presentation featuring driver point of view and real traffic situations
Why use Transporting Passengers With Special Needs 2?
- Collision prevention and reduction
- Risk management & liability protection
- Onboarding training for new hires and refresher training for experienced operators
- Effectiveness and ease of implementation
How to use Transporting Passengers With Special Needs 2?
- Instructors use the fully scripted Instructor's Guide to conduct step-by-step classroom presentations that include video, follow-up questions, traffic diagram analysis, and group discussion
- Each instructor needs an instructor kit to implement the training
- Each student needs one response book to write answers to questions and analyze situations for subsequent group discussion
- Our defensive driving class takes 4-6 hours to complete
- Once trainees complete the van driver training class, they are awarded a course completion certification