Coaching Series® programs are also available online and are a great option for organizations with multiple locations and employees on the road. The online programs offer 100% of CS's acclaimed classroom content while allowing individuals to take the course when it is convenient for them. Organizations have the ability to monitor and track employee progress and access compliance and summary reports.
Many organizations mistakenly assume that van driving is no different than driving a personal car, and they expect their employees (or volunteers) to assume van-driving responsibilities without any training. The fact is that most commercial vans are very different than passenger cars. They are bigger, heavier, have larger blind spots, and require longer following and stopping distances. Training drivers to compensate for these differences can help keep them on the road and on the job. Coaching The Van Driver™ 4is a comprehensive training program that meets that need.
- Self-Appraisal (Pre-Training Assessment)
- Before You Start ( Pre-Trip Inspection and Vehicle Characteristics Review)
- Essentials Of Safe Driving (Introduction to SCC – Scanning, Cushion of Safety, Communicating)
- Driving Environments (Applying the principles of SCC to driving on open roadways and congested, city-like driving environments)
- Special Considerations – Part One (Operating in rural areas, handling visibility problems, sharing the road with bicyclists, “Move Over Law” )
- Special Considerations – Part Two (Backing, Alcohol/Drugs, Adverse Weather, Rotaries, Distracted Driving)
- Optional Modules:
- Transporting Passengers
- Transporting Cargo
- Final Test