This specialized course, designed to address collision-producing situations common to the refuse driver, has become an industry standard. An advanced course (beyond the basics of handling a refuse vehicle), Coaching the Refuse Truck Driver II teaches practical defensive driving techniques that allow the driver to read and respond safely to traffic conditions. Throughout the course, drivers actively participate by analyzing and discussing ways to handle potential collision situations.
Includes a segment featuring actual refuse truck drivers and supervisors discussing the importance of safety in their operations, setting up a discussion about professionalism (positive mental attitude, pride in the job, and attention to safety procedures), and eight segments that address:
- Vehicle Inspection
- Cushion of Safety
- City and Commercial Driving Suburban and Rural Driving
- Limited Access Highway Driving
- Special Situations
- Crew Safety
A fully scripted presentation of the program with wide margins for notes and customization.
The 32-page workbook offers drivers a review of skills and concepts presented throughout the course. It includes:
- Vehicle Inspection Review
- In-depth analyses of common refuse collision situations
- Backing Procedures Review
- Collision Reporting Procedures Review
- Triangle Placement Review
- Course Completion Certificate