Ambulance Operator and Driver Training Course - Classroom
What is CEVO 5: Ambulance?
- A classroom Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) for ambulance operators
- Proven discussion and participation based "Coaching" method of training
- Key defensive driving concepts including vehicle inspection, vehicle characteristics, SCC (Scanning, Cushion of Safety, Communicating), emergency and non-emergency driving in various environments, and other special considerations such as backing and driving in adverse weather
- New topics including Ambulance Operators and The Law, Use of Lights and Sirens, Distracted Driving, Roadway Incident Scene Safety, and more
- New final test that includes a certain number of questions that are unique to each user
- Video presentation featuring operator point of view, real traffic situations, dashcam footage, and actual ambulance crash pictures and analysis
Why use CEVO 5: Ambulance?
- Collision and crash prevention and reduction
- Risk management and potential liability protection
- Onboarding training for new hires and refresher training for experienced operators
- Consistent with NHTSA’s EVOC course standards
- Over 1 million emergency vehicle operators trained worldwide since 1998
How does CEVO 5: Ambulance work?
- Instructors use the fully scripted Instructor's Guide to conduct step-by-step class presentations that include video, follow-up questions, traffic diagram analysis, and group discussion
- The classroom training time can vary from 6-8 hours, depending on the organization’s requirements and specific needs
- Each instructor needs an Instructor’s Kit to implement the training
- Each student needs one Response Book to complete various written exercises, analyze traffic diagrams for group discussion, and to obtain an authorization key code in order to take the online final test and receive a CEVO certificate
Prefer Online Training? Click here for more information on CEVO 5: Ambulance Online
Want to become a Certified CEVO Instructor? Click here for Train-The-Trainer information
***Instructor's Kit Now Includes One Response Book and Maneuvering Skills