Ambulance Driver Training Course
The coaching the emergency vehicle operators (CEVO) program was first established in the early ’90s. With time, CEVO became recognized as a common driving training standard for ambulance, police, and fire personnel. Over 500,000 emergency personnel have benefited from this course since it was first introduced.
Course Sessions Overview:
- Self-appraisal pre-training evaluation
- Review of vehicle inspection and characteristics
- Critical SCC principles (scanning, communication, and cushion of safety)
- Situation driving. This entails emergency and non-emergency environments. It may include the principles of scanning, the cushion of safety, and communicating in jammed driving environments
- Continuation of situational driving in emergency and non-emergency areas. It involves applying SCC principles in open roadways
- Special considerations like adverse weather, backing, rotaries, toll areas, the ‘Move Over Law’ and night driving
- You be the coach. An analysis of various emergency driving conditions
What’s new in CEVO 4®: Ambulance Operator Course
- All new participant Response Book
- All new, fifty question, computer-scored final test
- Seven new video presentations
- New discussion scenarios for both emergency and non-emergency driving situations
- Two additional braking system video presentations
- Applying the principles of “SCC” (scanning, cushion of safety, communicating) to both emergency and non-emergency driving
- “ Active Shooter” policy review
- “Move Over Law” review
- New post-course “Refresher” discussion exercises
And still includes the popular features:
- Same proven, discussion-based educational approach
- Capitalizes on the highly successful “Coaching” method of training
- Course completion certificate and recognition patch upon achieving 80% or better on the Final Test scored by Coaching Systems LLC.
- Same easy-to-use training materials:
- Fully scripted Instructor Guide with group learning exercises, discussion diagrams with enhanced content for the instructor.
- Content rich presentations featuring operator point-of-view perspective.
- Response Book – 16 page, large format, full color participant booklet with self-appraisal, discussion questions and traffic analyses diagrams.
If you are looking to hone your emergency driving skills, we’ve got you covered at Coaching Systems® with our ambulance operator course. Get in touch with us or buy the program now to get started.