First introduced in the early 90's, the Coaching the Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) courses for ambulance, fire and police personnel quickly became accepted as standards in driver training for these fields. Since then, over 500,000 emergency professionals have been trained with the CEVO programs.
Now, based on valuable input from participants, instructors and loss prevention professionals, a revised and updated CEVO 3: Fire course is available.
As with the original program, operators will appreciate CEVO 3's non-lecture, participant-intensive educational approach, and instructors will appreciate the program's flexible and easy-to-use format. The 6 hour course is divided into five sessions, which can be presented in one day or spread out over multiple days.
- New and updated Response Book situation analysis
- "Coaching Reminder Points" completion statements in the Response Book
- All new discussion scenarios based on common collision situations
- All new video including apparatus inspections, a balance of small town and rural locations with large urban locations and in-cab video of actual collisions.
- Operator learning teams used to promote discussion among participants
Demonstrates how to conduct a series of specific exercises, including:
Video Presentation Features scripts, video footage and graphics, with:
- 16-page full-color Participant Response book
- Self Appraisal
- Discussion Questions and Situation Analyses
- Computer-scored Operator Tests
- Material to support presentations
- Instructor checklists for observing and evaluating actual on-road performance
Comprehensive coverage of collision-prevention techniques, including:
- Cushion of safety
- Apparatus positioning
- Handling blind spots
- Safe backing
- Operating on different types of road surfaces
- Parking procedure, and more...
Coverage of a wide range of other safety-related topics, including:
- Apparatus inspection
- Apparatus handling and design characteristics
- Driving with and without sirens
- Safety at the fire ground
- A non-lecture, participant-intensive educational approach
- A flexible, modular, easy to use training format (A complete in-house driver training program)
- And a reasonable price (far less than the cost of one "minor" collision)
Graduates receive CEVO 3 patches and certificates
CEVO 3: Fire is a classroom course. If you are also interested in teaching in-vehicle low-speed maneuvering, please see the supplementary CEVO: Fire Maneuvering Skills course.