Fire Truck Driver Training Course
The fire truck driver training course was officially launched in the early 90s under the CEVO program by from Coaching Systems, along with courses for ambulance and police personnel. A newly revised and updated fire truck training course has been recently introduced, thanks to the input from risk management experts, participants, and instructors.
As the initial fire truck driver program, the CEVO 3™ takes a participant-focused and intensive non-lecture educational approach. The program is flexible and straightforward for instructors. The 6-hour training program is split into five sessions and can be taken in one or several days depending on the instructor’s or participant’s preference.
- New and up-to-date situation analysis response book
- Reminder points for Coaching in the response book
- New video resources, including a video of an actual collision and apparatus inspections
- Learning teams to enhance teamwork and participant discussions
The firetruck driver course program entails:
Video Presentation Features scripts, video footage and graphics, with:
- 16-page full-color Participant Response book
- Self Appraisal
- Discussion Questions and Situation Analyses
- Computer-scored Operator Tests
- Material to support presentations
- Instructor checklists for observing and evaluating actual on-road performance
Comprehensive coverage of collision-prevention techniques, including:
- Cushion of safety
- Apparatus positioning
- Handling blind spots
- Safe backing
- Operating on different types of road surfaces
- Parking procedure, and more...
Coverage of a wide range of other safety-related topics, including:
- Apparatus inspection
- Apparatus handling and design characteristics
- Driving with and without sirens
- Safety at the fire ground
- A non-lecture, participant-intensive educational approach
- A flexible, modular, easy to use training format (A complete in-house driver training program)
- And a reasonable price (far less than the cost of one "minor" collision)
At Coaching Systems, we offer a flexible fire truck driver training format and an educational approach that’s participant-intensive at a pocket-friendly price. Once you pass the CEVO 3™ fire truck training course, you will receive certificates and patches. If you want to learn low-speed maneuvering, don’t hesitate to check out the CEVO fire management skills program.
CEVO 3: Fire is a classroom course. If you are also interested in teaching in-vehicle low-speed maneuvering, please see the supplementary CEVO: Fire Maneuvering Skills course.