First introduced in the early 90's, the Coaching the Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) courses for ambulance, fire and police personnel quickly became accepted as standards in driver training for these fields. Since then, over a quarter million emergency professionals have been trained with the CEVO programs.
- The base course is six hours. An optional additional segment, which can expand the course to eight hours, includes
- Learning Team Case Studies and Reports.
- The Leader's Guide offers material to support the video and Response Book information.
- 10 Transparencies
- The Video Presentation features video footage and graphics.
- The 16-page full-color participant Response Books includes a Self-Appraisal, discussion questions and situation analyses, and a computer-scored Test.
- Comprehensive coverage of collision-prevention techniques, including cushion of safety, scanning, vehicle positioning, handling blind spots, safe backing and parking procedures, and more.
- Coverage of a wide range of other safety-related topics, including vehicle inspection, emergency and non-emergency driving differences, and maneuvering procedures specific to police business, i.e. U-turns, pulling over a violator.
- CEVO II certificates.
- A non-lecture, participant-intensive educational approach.
- A flexible, modular, easy-to-use training format (a complete in-house driver training program).
- And a reasonable price (far less than the cost of one "minor" collision)