The very personality traits that make sales professionals successful often have the opposite effect on their ability to drive safely. Yet, traditional driver training programs rarely take this factor into account. Coaching Systems, LLC has developed a driver training program designed specifically for sales and technical professionals.
This self-instruction course covers defensive driving techniques as they relate to the type of driving, and pressures, that sales people experience. It presents the information in an easy-for-all-to-access video presentation, at a level appropriate for professionals.
Topics addressed include:
- Pre-trip safety issues (inspecting the vehicle, checking out rental cars, safety belts & air bags)
- Cushion of safety, safe following distance and blind spots
- Job-related stress, identifying and controlling negative driving behaviors
- Excessive speed and backing up
Driver Response Books
16 page, full-color books reinforce the information presented in the videotape and introduce additional safe driving topics. The response books include:
- Collision prevention analyses
- Collision reporting procedures
- Common violations by drivers in a hurry
- Parking lot safety, and
- Driver behavior assessment
Each response book also includes a 30-question computer-scored test to assess the driver's knowledge of program information. The test is sent to Coaching Systems for scoring and results are sent to the person designated by the purchaser for documentation of participation.
Drivers scoring 85% or better receive a course completion certificate.